Oh man, someone liked me enough to nominate (I guess you would call it) me for this ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award! I’m falling over myself with gratitude lady! Thanks for being inspired by my words, and thanks for inspiring me. Go check Emily’s blog Unkilled Darlings, she’s dope, and her words are dope-r.
So, of course, with most good things come a few conditions, which I think is a flippin’ swell way of linking good writers, to other good writers, and just publicly appreciating the work they do. Writing may come naturally to these people, but I assure you, the bearing of ones soul through poetry, and art does not. It’s more the price we pay to express ourselves. Kudos to these writers for sharing their amazing work. It’s not an easy thing to do.
Display the award logo.
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
7 things about me:
1. I don’t consider it a “phobia” because I’m not scared of it per se, but I have a deep loathing, and disgust for wet, soggy paper.
2. ‘The Outsiders’ by S.E Hinton is my favourite book of all time. I think it instilled in me the values I have for loyalty, family, and friendship.
3. I generally don’t like tomatoes, but will eat them cooked in a dish.
4. I don’t have an all time favourite poet, but John Keats, or Pablo Neruda would come very close.
5. My friends called me an “emo” once upon a time; my fave band is still Dashboard Confessional.
6. I want to marry (or at least end up with) someone who can play music to/for/at me.
7. I swear a lot. Probably too much.
15 Bloggers (Who Run the World)
[and in no particular order]
1. Unkilled Darlings
(I know I already linked to her, but she’s actually just brilliant enough to mention twice!)
2. Alexander Pseudonym
(Possibly my favourite online poet. There is something sexy about the anonymity, and something thrillingly mysterious about the words.)
4. Kashka Tunstall
(Kashka is Hamilton’s first ever ‘Poetry Idol’, AND an all-round great gal.)
5. Kim Fulton
(I studied with this girl. Seriously, she has a way with words. You want to know about her.)
5. Matthew Phillip O’Malley
(This guys words will make you want to fall in love; in a fun, have-a-laugh-with-yourself-and-the-world way.)
6. Andy Beau
9. 4am Writer
11. Redcoats VS
(A badass online comic that a guy from my town is slowly working on.)
12. Helen Lehndorf
(Amongst the very first to notice, and publish my poetry.)
15. Corn Goblin